Friday, April 8, 2011

Blooms and Baby Blocks




The first flowers of spring bloomed in my yard today! These pretty crocuses braved the cool breeze and enjoyed the sun and their lovely color made me smile.


I happened to be making pink and purple baby blocks today for a Quilty Auntie quilt on the Quilt & Needle.

This is one of my favorite baby quilt patterns. We have made this one a time or two before and it makes such a pretty quilt.


You may find the block instructions on the Quilter's Cache site here ...




We like to add a scrappy piano key border of 2.5" by 5.5" keys alternating the colors and the bright white tone or tone background. Here is the layout that we use ...



More baby quilt blocks to make. I love making these group baby quilts to give a warm and comfy welcome these precious babies.


:) Pat

1 comment:

Delia Moran said...

Oh, the pretty! That is going to be a lovely quilt. Can't wait to see it done!