Friday, May 24, 2013

Random 5 Friday

(1) This is Stephanotis
I knew this only as Jasmine when
I received this plant from one of my sons for Mother's Day.
So I had to look it up.  I always start on Wikipedia.  
I love Wikipedia.
 
(2) I also had to look up How To Care for this lovely fragrant plant.
The scent is wonderful.  Not too strong. 
Just a touch of sweetness in the air.
I do not have the greenest of thumbs.  I hope to keep it happy.
The buds were closed tight when I received it.
Now the flowers are opening and a few new buds have formed.
So far so good.

 (3) I am quilting this week.
This is the back of my project.
It is for my daughter's wedding tables.
Next week I will be posting photos of the front in a blog hop.
 

(4) This is a very random close up of the varigated lavender cotton thread
that I am using and my bobbin winder on my sewing machine. 
I love my bobbin winder.
Many years ago I had an old machine and no bobbin winder.
I can remember winding bobbins by hand ...
 around and around and around and around.
 
(5) This photo is blurry but I like it because Butterfly,
who is 13 years old this year, looks very kittenish. 
Butterfly is very playful and loves to roll up and hide under my quilts
and whatever I am working on. 
Lots of my quilt blocks get re-arranged for me this way. It is okay.
I love Butterfly.
 
 
I am linking up again today with one of my favorite weekly linky parties ...
 
 
I always find lots of interesting photos and facts and stories.
Enjoy!
 
Have a lovely long weekend ...
 

and remember.
 
~ <3 ~

 

9 comments:

Lynn said...

I cannot imagine hand winding bobbins!! I didn't know Jasmine was called S. and if the backing of your quilt for the table is this beautiful how must the right side be...so lovely.

Karen Lakis said...

Your kitty is adorable. I didn't know that stephanotis and jasmine were the same flower. I think stephanotis is what I carried in my wedding bouquet - it does smell nice. I'm looking forward to seeing the front of your quilt!

Mary said...

Butterfly is adorable! What a sweetie. :)

I didn't know Stephanotis and jasmine are the same flower! It's so delicate and lovely.

Leave It To Davis said...

I envy all you talented women who know how to quilt! I wish there were quilting classes around here!

Nancy said...

At first I thought that was nicotiana -- very similar blooms.

Lovely quilting -- I wish I had the patience. Have a great weekend and thank you for joining in. xo

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

The Stephanotis is very beautiful - as is your quilting. If this is the back, the front must look amazing!

amanda said...

I, too, love Wikipedia!
I'm always looking things up & learning on there. :)
That quilting of yours looks amazing.
My old sewing machine had a worn out bobbin winder - it is definitely something I'm thankful for each time I re-fill a bobbin now!

InGa said...

The quilt you are making looks Great!!
Looking forward to see the finished result.
Regards InGa

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your Stephanotis is beautiful - I have always called it Jasmine too. And your quilting is just amazing. If I could quilt half as well as that I'd abandon piecing and just make wholecloths :)