Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January Charity Blocks


These are Q&N Snug Society Charity Blocks for January.
I have been making blocks for these group quilts for several years.
are my favorite part of the 
where new members are always welcome.
I love making quilts with my quilty friends!

Sewing blocks for a group quilt is a bit different than sewing for my personal quilts.

The pattern has to be easy enough for quilters of all skill levels 
so that everyone who wants to volunteer may join in.

These blocks are from a free online pattern: 

When sewing the blocks, I always try to follow the instructions exactly as written 
so that my blocks will play nicely with all the other blocks ...
and making piecing the top as easy as possible for the lovely volunteer 
who is putting this quilt together for us.


I am making these blocks from my scrap stash. 
I carefully cut and lay out my block pieces.


I make sure I iron as instructed by the pattern so that hopefully
 the seams will nest nicely with the other blocks. 


To keep the pieces for each block organized, I do not cut the threads attaching my chain pieced and pressed units until I sew the block together.


I carefully measure and trim my block to make sure it is to correct size.

Making these blocks is fun, relaxing, uses up my stash of scraps, puts them to good use and it makes very pretty quilts!

This charity quilt project is being pieced and run by my friend,


Thanks, Sharon!

{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

Linking up today with all the wonderful works in progress at

Design Wall Monday @ Patchwork Times

Some great eye candy in the links!

<3 

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Love the colors in your charity blocks. So peaceful and soothing.