Friday, February 28, 2014

Stitchin' Sisters Round Robin Update


My border on Annette's Medallion is done!

I am really happy with how this looks and hope Annette will be, too.

In the end it came together easily.

This was not my original border idea.
At one point I had two sides on and then I removed them and only kept the corners.
The nine patch corners were made with fabric that Annette included with her medallion and I knew right away when I saw this block that I wanted to extend them outward.
I had tried to add fabrics from my stash but they were not a good addition so I went fabric shopping and bought three half yards, the lighter red, the purple herringbone and the red and purple print.  Much better!


Here are the fabrics that I added


Here is a closeup of how these fabrics work with the original fabrics that Annette chose.

Sometimes it takes me awhile to figure out just what the medallion wants, 
but when I do it all falls together. 
I really enjoy the challenges that these pretty medallions bring.

I shall enjoy this one brightening my wall for the day.

Time to mail tomorrow!

Looking forward to working on Gina's RR next month!

Our Round Robin 2014 Album may be found Here

Have a happy quilty weekend!

:) 

3 comments:

  1. Love the border you added to Annette's RR center medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job Ms Pat! That looks wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it.It`s just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a kind word! :-)