Saturday, December 20, 2014

A Very Everly Christmas!


Merry Christmas!

... from me and my grand-darling!!

We have been very busy getting ready for this most wonderful time of the year ...

all the more wonderful this year because my daughter and her little family will be here with us.

As some of you may know, my girl moved away two weeks after the baby was born as my son-in-law had to report to his new post.  We had not thought we would see them so this is the best Christmas present ever. My Girl and Baby Girl have been here for a month and on Sunday my son-in-law will be joining us, too

I have been taking a break from blogging  (and sewing) to enjoy their visit.

Two years ago I made patchwork stockings for all of us ... 


and this year Little Miss Everly needed a stocking!

So it was time to sew!

I could not quite remember how I sewed the tops of these so I had to look up 
my own tutorial to see how I did it.
It was an interesting experience following my own tutorial.
I had to read part of it several times.
I am happy to say this stocking looks just like the others.
Blogging is a good thing ... ;)




This year I also added labels using the programable monogram feature on my Janome 6600p.


Everly loves her new stocking!


All ready for the big day!

May you and yours have wonderful holiday season!

See you next year!

:)

11 comments:

sandra said...

Everly is such a sweetie pie and I bet you have been in Heaven having her and your daughter visiting for a whole month and especially at Christmas . I haven't done much sewing this Christmas which is different. We are going to our son's for Christmas and Daughter's for New Year's this year. I had all of them here last year and it was fun but exhausting. Merry Christmas and Blessings for a Happy New Year to you and.your family Hugs Sandra

Mary said...

She is an adorable sweetheart! :) and I'll bet she'll cherish that beautiful stocking always!

Mary said...

She is an adorable sweetheart! :) and I'll bet she'll cherish that beautiful stocking always!

margaret said...

I can imagine the fun you must be having with this little one, so good that they are staying for quite a while, stockings look good and the quilt in the background of the first photo has caught my eye too, happy Christmas to you all

Rosa said...

She is adorable.Have a great and fun holiday season.Merry and blessed Christmas!!

Marcy said...

She's adorable and so is the quilt behind her.

Kate said...

Everly is a cutie-pie!!

Amy said...

She is just precious! Merry Christmas!

Carol Swift said...

So sweet and adorable! Lucky you to have this time to spend with them...enjoy! Merry Christmas!

Sparky said...

ahhhhhhh so darn cute...Merry Christmas Pat to you and yours

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Merry Christmas, your stockings and quilt are both so pretty !