Saturday, September 3, 2016

Back To Nothing But The Scraps


Today's 6.5" Postage Stamp block
made with thirty-six 1.5" squares. 

I started these blocks Here in January.

RSC16





Colors this month are rose red and gold.


I am using my smallest scraps for these blocks. 

I make pairs of these small squares as leaders and enders
and sew them into blocks on Saturdays
when I am home and have time to sew.

I am a few months behind,
but I never thought I would have enough
6.5" blocks to make a quilt this year anyway.

Many,  many more blocks to make. 

It is not the destination,
it's the journey.

This is a Scrappy Sojourn

;)


9 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Your fabric choices are lovely.

gayle said...

It looks like a really fun (and colorful) journey!

PaulaB quilts said...

Your idea about it being a journey is great. We can still be successful along the way, whether it's one block or a finished quilt. Have a fun week!

Needled Mom said...

Love the color combinations there.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE your Postage Stamp in RED and gold!!!

Pamela Arbour said...

You have a wonderful start on your rose and gold blocks. Your scrap look very nice together.

Linda Smith said...

I love the black and white squares that tie it all together. It's going to be eye-catching when all the colors are together. Beautiful.

Deb A said...

Such pretty scraps to play with.

Carla said...

That is a lot little squares. Pretty colors