Thursday, July 26, 2018

How I Am Spending My Summer Vacation ~ Part 2


Here I am at the 


show in Pennsylvania
where I met up with my longtime, online quilty friends and 


Cherie from NJ and Debbieann and her daughter, Vanessa, from Ontario, Canada.

Cherie and I met many, many years ago at the old defunct, Block Central Forum.
Then we met Debbieann on the Quilt and Needle Forum.
Vanessa started quilting a few years later and joined our stitchin' sisters group.
It was wonderful to finally meet them!

After the quilt show, hubby and I went on to visit Lancaster County,


Where I quilt shop hopped and found some fabric at 


and tried


Shoofly Pie at Dutch Haven
and brought home a pie to enjoy. 

Then we went on to see the historical sites at



There were heavy rains off and on but we were able to tour the battlefield
during a break in the clouds. 


Hubby explored this misshaped and broken canon 
which must have overheated 
when firing during the battle.


It seems so peaceful there,
but it is an eerie, unsettling peace.
A place to honor and remember

How I Am Spending my Summer Vacation ~ Part 3  
~ Coming Soon! ~


1 comment:

Suze said...

How fun! A few years ago I took a tour to Lancaster county and Zooks was one of the stops on our tour. We went and ate with an Amish family. I love it. I grew up in a very rural area of West Virginia and went to a one room school so even though we were not Amish - lots of the things are very similar. I'm glad that you got to meet some of your friends. This is a great way to spend a summer vacation.