Wednesday, August 8, 2018

How I am Spending My Summer Vacation ~ Part 3


Getting ready to get Back-to-Sew!

Moving back into my sewing room is going well.
I am still organizing, although I have done some sewing.
Had to make sure my machine was up and running after she moved back in! 

While sorting my  huge stash of fabrics and old magazines and patterns,
I found this gem ...


American Patchwork and Quilting, April 2008, Issue 91
This was a great issue.

I love the cover quilt, which is called "Two of A Kind"
and in featured in the 30's prints l
and also in soft summer batiks.

The pattern is a interesting variation of the Card Trick block.
The cutting and layout makes this an easy sew.

I really want to make this quilt!

I pulled the fabrics in the photo from my 30's stash.
Th fabrics for the blocks and background is the bottom row. 

The top row in the photo shows two possible options for the border and binding,
one red and one blue.

I have not decided which I will use.

Suggestions and opinions always welcome.  


Here is a photo taken about a week ago before I moved my sewing machine back in.

As you can see, my quilty kitties are already enjoying the new digs. 

A lot has been done since then.

Grand Re-Opening of My Sewing Room post coming soon! 


5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is a great pattern. Looking forward to your post of the sewing room redo.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

All those fabrics look pretty and would be ideal for such a scrappy project. Love the photo of your lounging kitties.

Suze said...

Ain't no body happy if the kitties aren't happy! That looks like a great issue. I can spend hours and hours looking at the great oldies issues I have. I am waiting to see your lovely creation.

Teresa said...

Nothing better than a scrappy quilt, unless its a scrappy 30's quilt. It will be beautiful. Congratulations on your soon to be new sewing room.

O'Quilts said...

I love the quilty cat pix....just love it