Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Swaps! Swaps! Swaps!


Since I do not belong to a local quilting group or guild, my online quilting buddies are my main source of inspiration and helpful hints ... and gentle nudges ... and who get me right out of my comfort zone sometimes ... lol!

I have learned and shared so much quilting the wide wide web!

Above is my first ever strippy scrappy string block. It is winging its way to Michigan now to its new home. Meg chose lavendar for the two inch center strips for her block units. I joined this lovely group of online ladies to make these in this "Simple Scrappy Strings Swap" on Block Central ...


Everyone is a winner in this swap! Each month we will make a send a block to the lucky recipient of the month. We even have a buddy system in place to insure that no one misses out on all their blocks on any given month. :-)

Here is the pattern we are using for this swap ... from Mary Quilts ...

I am also partictipating in some monthly charm and strip swaps on this great forum ... like this fun 30's Repros Strip Swap ... my choice this month! ...



Here are the strips I am sending ...


Keep watching for the many wonderful goodies I am receiving ... everyday I am watching for my mail carrier to drop these beautiful "squishies" in my box ...

hmmmm ... best go check to see if the mail has come yet ... ;-) Pat


2 comments:

Rebecca P said...

Pat your block looks great. These are so much fun to make, I can't stop. I am making one for myself( because my month isn't until next year) which is all pink & white. However I'm making my sqs smaller, 6in. I have bins of scraps & it is such a great way to use them up.

Scrapatches said...

Hi, Rebecca,

This block is a great way to use up scraps.

Pink and white ... very pretty ... sounds so you! :-)

I had never foundation pieced (other than PP) before. The muslin seems to add a bit of bulk. I am wondering how difficult this will be to quilt after batting is sandwiched in. I am thinking that I may skip the batting and make a summer weight quilt. Do you think this would work? ... ;-) Pat