Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Good Day to Stay In and Sew

... and sew ... and cook ... and visit with my online friends ... dream of quilty adventures ...


This is a block I made with some of my winter "Snowpeople Fabric Swap" goodies from a swap I ran last winter on Block Central. I need to pull this fabric out and make a larger quilt.


It is snowing here! The forecast is for a major storm and everything is shutting down in the northeast. It is a good day to stay in, set chicken soup to simmer in the slow cooker and sew ... and make goodies. I love chocolate!


The following recipe arrived in my email box this morning via a newsletter from one of my favorite nearby quilt shops, the Pine Tree Quilt Shop in NH ...





Do you get the idea that I have a LOT of favorite LQS? ;-)



Easy Oreo Truffles

1 (16oz) pkg Oreo Cookies
1 (8oz) pkg Cream Cheese
2 (8oz) pkg Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted

Crush 9 cookies to fine crumbs.
Crush remaining cookies to fine crumbs in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended.
Roll mixture into 42, 1" balls.
Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
Store in refrigerator.


Here is the link to subscribe to their newsletter and recieve the original recipe ... must give credit where credit is due ...
Stop in sometime and fondle the fabric ... I am sure you will find some that says take me home!

While you are there, if you are hungry, you might like to stop into Rosie's Place which is in the same plaza.
Food here is always fresh, good, well prepared. My hubby likes their juicy burgers and onion rings. I love their middle eastern flavors and sweet potato fries with plum dipping sauce. My daughter loves their Buffalo Chicken Roll-Up. My second son and I have stopped there, too, and he likes their chicken or burgers. As Matt would say ..."Mmmmmmm ... food!"


Think I shall be visiting these places soon ...;-)


Enjoy!







:-) Pat

No comments: