Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Q&N Retreat in Tomball ...


... is this week in Texas ... and I will not be there this year in person. This is the photo of last year's retreaters ... Jess, Cindy, Jami, Milica, Connie, Lizzie, Nancy and me ... and Miki, Vicki, and Jenn (with Jacob) who went shop hopping with us for a day ...



So ... I am waving wildly and wishing my quilty pals safe journeys and a wonderful time! ;-)

Looking back to last year ... this is a photo of the center block of last year's Mystery Quilt hanging on the wall in the sewing room at the retreat. I bought a personalized kit from Jess of the Sisterhood of Quilting fabrics and had everyone sign a part of the panel and worked these into the border for my Q&N Panel Challenge project. I packed the pieces of my quilt and my memories and carried them home to complete. I am a slow piecer and I was having too much fun gabbing and enjoying my friends to get this done in Texas. ;-)


Here is my finished quilt top with borders of my own design to enter this into the online Q&N Panel Challenge ...


To see all the projects from this challenge and to see the winners, enjoy the eye candy in this thread ...
http://www.thequiltandneedle.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1172&posts=12&start=1


Looking forward ... I will be snuggling under my finished quilt at home for this retreat and I will be there "in spirit." I will be chatting online with my quilty pals in the "Snug" on Friday evening at 6:00pm CST. My Mystery Kit is on the way to my mailbox and I will be sewing along at home this weekend on Jess's newest Mystery!

New friends are always welcome to join in the fun. You can sign up here for the pattern ...


... the fabric requirements and cutting chart will be sent to you by email and you can be there sewing along with all of us this weekend as we post our progress on the forum ...


Hope you will join us!






:-) Pat

No comments: