Monday, July 2, 2012

Home From the VQF


Last evening we arrived home from the Vermont Quilt Festival and I am already looking forward to next year.  Butterfly Kitty is happy we are home, too.

There were sew many amazing quilts!

One of my many favorites in the show was in the Teacher Quilts area, The Pineapple Crazy Quilt by Bonnie Hunter.  You may see this quilt on Bonnie Hunter's Blog.  The blocks on this quilt are very, very small and the pattern may be found in her new book String Fling.  I love the way this quilt uses up small scraps and really want to make one of my own.  Bonnie is sew inspiring!

My pictures from the show coming later when I have time to get my own photos onto my computer.

We also found some new quilts shop destinations along the way like this shop ... A Quilter's Garden in Montpelier.  We stopped here on the way north and on the way south as they were open special hours on Sunday for the festival travelers.  I especially enjoyed shopping their sale fabric section upstairs.

We are plotting another quilty adventure to VT soon, as there is one shop that we planned to stop at on the way home but time slipped away and we could get there before it closed.

Think I shall go do some more quilting on my Sunflower Wall Quilt

I will miss My Mina Cat while I stitch.  I will keep her picture near me and I will pet My Butterfly Kitty, who is always such a comfort to me.

Have a Quilty Day!
<3<3<3


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful, Pat! That pineapple quilt is amazing. Looking forward to your pictures. :)

Delia said...

Hmm. I don't know why that put me as anonymous. Let's try again.