Monday, May 1, 2023

Work Room In Progress

 


This is the progress on the new floor that my hubby and two sons

 were able to make over the weekend.

It is encouraging.

The new maple laminate flooring is reaching into the middle of the dining room.

Cassian is on the rug in the living room,

appreciating that he has run of this part of the house this morning

as the kitties are closed into the back of the house when work is happening.

The real work week has started for my guys

 and the furniture will probably be in these patterns 

until the weekend.


That is a photo on my desktop of me and Mr Scrapatch and our son Matt

 taken a few years ago on the deck of his home in early spring.

So I have my old HP computer up and running.

Very, very s-l-o-w-l-y.

I will be replacing this a component at a time as funds permit, 

starting with the tower.

Under the temporary chair mat that I put down this morning, 

you can just see the edge of the big patch that needed to be filled 

in the old floor where my old computer chair wore grooves in the wood.

This gray chair is a new purchase early this year 

during the big online clearance sales and it is very comfy.

What you cannot see in this photo is my sewing machine 

which is still under wraps and stored in the other room

on its table which is usually under the window.

So I am still doing occasional hand sewing

and dreaming of the quilts I want to make

when I get my sewing corner back.


May you and yours have a happy and safe week!



2 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

It always seems remodeling takes a LONG time! But it will be so nice when it's finished.

ChrisDeeCaregeiver @gmail.com said...

That is going to be so pretty when your " work crew" are finished. It's going to be so easy to keep clean. Lovely choice. You're a lucky gal !