Thursday, April 4, 2024

I Like Thursday ~ Beaches

 


The question for us today for 

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color

is  "Amusement Park or Day at the Beach?"

I am a beach person. 

Coast to Coast.

Above is the Atlantic ...  in Maine.

Below is the Pacific ... 


... at Huntington Beach, California.

I feel that I am lucky to have put my toes in the ocean

 on both the east and the west coast.


In my younger days, I could walk the sands for hours,

end to end and back again on any beach, anywhere, 

any time of day or year,

knowing I have never put my toes in exactly the same place.

The beach is ever changing.

The tides are ever flowing.

Each moment is unique,

a once in a lifetime experience ... and, yet, eternal.



It is a return to winter here today.


The kitties and I are snug and warm inside,

stitching our crochet,

and dreaming of the beach.


May your Thursday be happy, my friends. 



3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

It looks like a good day to stay inside and crochet, happy stitching!

PaintedThread said...

Crazy weather! I love beaches, too!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes, beaches are meant to be beautiful spots for sure. It is special to feel the sand between your toes. Late spring snow here too. Lovely to be cosy and curled up with wool and needles.