Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Bride's Choice - ALYOF April Goal


The Bride's Choice
 
My beautiful baby girl, my only daughter,
My Girl is getting married this August! 
 
We are happy that she is happy and that she has found
a good man with whom to share her life. 
 
May God Bless!
  
My Girl has requested me to be The Quilter for this occasion and to make special table toppers for her reception tables.  I have happily agreed.  Above are the fabrics for these table quilts.  As I need to make nine table quilts by August, I am planning to make two per month in April, May and June, and three in July.   
 
Sew for my April Goal for ALYOF
 

 
is to finish two table toppers.
 
Today I am linking up to Shanna @ Fiber of All Sorts
 
My last month's goal was to finish sewing the top for a UFO from last year.  This proved to be too ambitious a goal.  There were a few factors that lead to this end, but I am sad to say I did not accomplish this goal and am not really much closer to finishing this project which started as a mystery quilt.  I did spend most of the month on this project in some way.  I am no closer to making a decision on the sashing posts.  At one point I was seriously considering changing the pattern completely an using the HSTs in another project.  This may be the way I go.  I tried two different layouts for the HST, but I did not sew.
 
This month my goal should be much easier and happier sewing.
 
May all the ALYOF go well this month!
 
:-)
 
 

1 comment:

sew.darn.quilt said...

Congratulations to daughter & fiance! These are beautiful, rich colours and will be gorgeous.