Friday, February 17, 2017

Thinking Summer & Different Drummers



Here is my February Block for the


@

Instructions for this sunny block may be found here ...

Sun Sand Sea BOM February Block 1

(Yes, my block looks wrong.
My sun has five rays instead of four as I used a  wedge ruler I had handy 
and not the templates helpfully provided.
Must be that different drummer I am hearing as the
snow melts and drips off the roof and onto the ledge outside my window.)


You can also join in the fun here



It is cold and sunny here and we have big piles of frozen white stuff 
around us here in New England.

The spring flowers are out there under all that snow.


The Butterfly is still with us,
snuggling under the quilts,
purring and dreaming of warm summer days.

<3



4 comments:

Dorian said...

Well I like the beat of your drum :) Beautiful, sunny block! I'm so glad Butterfly is still there, such a lovely kittie.

Kathleen said...

It's not wrong, it's uniquely yours! And I love it.

claudia said...

I totally missed the post about your kitty. I am so sorry to hear that Butterfly is not well. It's a hard thing for me to hear as I just recently lost two cats due to the nature of my land here in the PNW. Eagles, hawks and coyotes abound and take our furbabies. I have learned from this lesson well. I have taken in two brother kitties and they reside inside and will not go out until I have a proper catio for them to play in. I am happy for you that you still have Butterfly with you.
On a happier note, I absolutely LOVE your February block! And I love that you did your own thing, it just has that mush more ray of warm to shine down!!! The paisley makes my heart flutter!

Carol Swift said...

I feel like I'm always beating to a different drum so maybe that's why I love your block. The fabrics are perfect for it! Such a sweet kitty all snuggled up. I miss having cats in my house as they are so entertaining, but my two bratty dogs are enough for now.