Tuesday, May 23, 2017

30's POTC Block 14


 POTC Block 14 done!

After several days of lovely sunshine,
it has been cool and rainy here today.

A good day to stay in and sew.


I tired a new piecing method that a friend shared online for this block.

My friend likes to sew the corners into "wings" and then sew them to the center.

This method did not feel comfortable to me.
The block felt too large and awkward when I was sewing the corners on.
I also had to set more "anchors" at the intersecting points to keep the pieces aligned.

Back to the method that is fast becoming "tried and true" for me ...



I usually sew the center,
then add the next four.
then sew the pairs,
then sew the pairs around the center,
as I did in this earlier block.

I think that everyone who sews these blocks must find a method and a rhythm
that works best for them.

I do like to try new ideas though.

Do you have a preferred way of sewing these blocks?

I love to try new things.


Katniss helped and checked my work.

I think Katniss would rather have been outside sewing again today, though.

Maybe tomorrow, Katniss.

We have to make some more connecting units and start the corner units.

More soon!

Sweet quilty dreams!





3 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Katniss seems to be a good inspector...getting very close to make sure everything is just right. Your blocks are beautiful! Thank you for sharing all your pictures.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful blocks and gorgeous kitty.

Motherdragon's Musings said...

Purr-fect blocks. Katniss is gorgeoud.