Sunday, December 17, 2017

Sew Ready for Christmas!


I am making a new Christmas Stocking to welcome an
extended family member to our Christmas Day Celebration.


I decided on a French Braid pattern for this one
to showcase the beautiful ornament print 
fussy cut in the center.
The center is a 4.5" square on point.


I cut and sewed 1.5" squares and strips for he braid. 



I used the same pattern I have saved for all our family stockings

Free Maywood Studio Pattern and Template

and followed my own tutorial ...



I will show the finished stocking after it is gifted.

Are you sew ready for Christmas?

:-)




6 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love your stocking. Wherever did you find your pattern? It looks like a great size.

KaHolly said...

Your stocking will be loved! Thanks for the reminder of the tutorial! I’m Sew ready! Christmas is pretty low key here. We’re a small family and only exchange one gift each. That frees up a little extra time and money to do something extra for those less fortunate.

Carla said...

That is a cool stocking. Love what you did.

Renee said...

Beautiful!

Kathleen said...

Your family member will just love this!

KatieQ said...

I really like the way you pieced the fabric. It's a clever way to make scraps disappear or at least to use them up.