Sunday, August 19, 2018

How I Am Spending My Summer Vacation ~ Part 4


Back and Better Than Ever! 

The move back into my sewing room is complete.

I am up and sewing! 

The only thing that is new in the room is my lovely red adjustable height chair
and a small open shelf unit to the right of my sewing table 
to keep my machine needs and scrap basket project in easy reach.

I like my chair to be higher than most desk chairs
and this one is a drafting table office chair that adjusts to counter height 
so I can also use it at my counter height cutting table.

The ceiling light is directly over my cutting area. 

The cutting table is an old heavy office desk top that has been re-purposed
by setting it on top of my storage cubes.

I have a lot of stuff packed into this small room
and it is working well.


Most of my fabric, patterns,
(many quilt tops waiting to be quilted),  etc,
are stored in my closet and in the fabric cubes
where it is safe from fading.
This room gets a lot of afternoon and evening sun.

I need to stand and stretch and take frequent breaks while sewing so
my aging muscles do not cramp and freeze in place.


This is my work corner.

It is very compact, convenient and ergonomic.

The corner pressing board is also counter height.

I made my room complete by re-hanging the wall quilt signed by some of my quilty friends 
and the valance I made to match with left over fabrics
which was placed when I originally moved into my quilty home ...
Quilt Story Here

As you can see, Maestro loves the bright open window 
with a view of my neighbor's lovely flower garden.

My quilty kitties and I are sew happy!


5 comments:

claudia said...

Your sewing room looks cozy! I LOVE the quilt on the wall.

Needled Mom said...

It looks wonderful. That was a great way to spend your summer.

Kathleen said...

A beautiful space! I am intrigued by the lamp by your sewing machine. Where can I get one, and what is hiding under the little cover on one of the poles? Or am I being too nosy? ;)

Suze said...

Pat, your quilty home is very inviting for quilting! I adore the valance. I think it's made from a printed panel perhaps. Regardless, what a clever used of printed panels. Your home is sunny and bright.

Happy said...

That is such a lovely space! I am a little jealous, because my tiny English bungalow only has room for a single desk for dedicated space - I borrow the dining table occasionally, or set up the ironing board in the kitchen if I need to press more than I can do on my small pressing board. But we have blackbirds in the garden, and plenty of sun, and it's so pleasant when my husband is doing his own hobby at his desk nearby. I need more quilts on the wall, for sure though!