Saturday, August 4, 2018

It's a Rainy Scrappy Summer Saturday ...


... a good day to sew! 

I am sewing along today with the lovely people at

SoScrappy

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2018


where it is orange month.

I love orange!

I once used the orange Ninja Turtle as a reason to paint my sons walls a neon orange.
The boys loved Ninja Turtles at the time and orange was the  best match
for the curtains with their comic heroes
when we they got their big boys bunk beds and painted over the colorful cars and trucks that drove across the walls of their toddler years.
I think about those fun years sometimes while I sew.


I made three 6.5" blocks today


including this "transition" block which has other colors.

I have been sewing these 1.5" squares together as leaders and enders
for about a year and a half.

I started this scrap quilt Here for the RSC 2016.

I do have a stack of blocks now ... still not enough for a quilt ...

... someday ... :-)



5 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow! Lots of great scraps happening here! I'm like you, I love all the memories that come with the little bits of fabric.
Cheers,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches

claudia said...

I'm jealous! Due to life circumstances (all good, don't get me wrong!) I don't have the time and space right now to do any type of sewing. It will change soon enough. I'll just live vicariously through all my online quilting friends! ;)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such pretty ORANGE blocks!! Neon orange wall paint? Wow!!

stichylady said...

Have been working on my scraps for a someday quilt. Right now combing a bunch of 4" squares to make triangle squares. A friend thought I would be able to use all her leftovers in this size. Will definitely
add some fun.

Needled Mom said...

I love the oranges with the low volumes in these blocks.