Tuesday, November 13, 2018

A Wooly Pumpkin Patch Project


A new Fall project in my Pumpkin Patch! 

I had such fun sewing wool applique mitten ornaments  HERE
that I decided I wanted to make wooly pumpkins for Fall.

Working with wool is very new to me
and I have very little wool in  my stash so I decided to get
as much of a head start as I could by using a kit.


I found many pretty choices at

My Red Door Designs 

I decided on their pretty
Harvest Gathering Kit
which has everything I need to make a
9" by 17.5" quilt
except batting, thread, fusible, and other sewing room stock items.


I have a very cute furry little feline helper who really likes this kit, too.


I also found after I received the kit that they suggest cutting plastic templates
and fortunately I also had a good sized sheet of this in my sewing room supplies.


I soon found that template plastic is a favorite new cat toy.


I actually had to stop her from carrying this off.


After bagging each little piece ...

... there are 30 of them in this kit! ...

and carefully discarding all the little plastic snippings
 so my silly kitty would not eat them


I am ready for the next step ...
cutting and fusing the pieces to the background.


The kit contained all the fabrics needed for a wallhanging,
but I may add some other fabrics and make a pillow.

It is turning much colder here and most of the leaves have fallen.

Winter is in the air in my quilty corner.

A good time for sewing wooly projects.

I will be traveling for Thanksgiving this year
and cooking turkey when we get home.

May you and yours have a Happy Thanksgiving! 

7 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Winter tiptoeing in here too...getting colder overnight now. I find wool very forgiving to work with. I will look forward to seeing this project. Thanks for the link.

Barb Neiwert said...

Perfect project, and the end result is well worth your time!

Calicojoan said...

Nothing beats a woolie project. This is the perfect time of year for them too! It's going to be gorgeous!

Needled Mom said...

I have not done a lot of wool either, but I love how it looks. Those colors are so wonderful for a fall project.

marebear said...

So pretty!

Farm Quilter said...

Autumn hanging on here! Hope you have good weather for your Thanksgiving holiday travels. Your pumpkins will be adorable!

Susan said...

Happy Thanksgiving, and safe travels. This is a great pattern design, thanks for the link. I look forward to seeing how it finishes.