Friday, November 23, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend from Texas!


Hello from sunny and warm Texas!
I am visiting my daughter's family for Thanksgiving
and an early Grammy/Grampy Christmas 
with our Grand-darling.

This is my travel hand project.


cross stitch pattern from
Lori Holt and Fat Quarter Shop.

I also bought the


For the background I chose this 




This aida cloth has larger weave than any I have ever used before and is very easy to do,
even with my vision issues.

When I was younger I used to cross stitch,
But it has been at least 40 years between projects 
because my hubby says he has never seen me do this before.

These needles have been sew helpful, too:


Lori Holt Nifty Needles

I love these needles!
They are color coded for use and are easy to thread
and glide right through the fabric.

I am using the 

Chunky Needles

for my cross stitch
and all six strands of the floss
for the 10 count aida cloth.
I can thread these needles without a threader!
Sew nice!


I am very much enjoying this project.
It is far from perfect, but I like it.

I use an invisible magnet purse clasp set
to hold my pattern to my hoop.
The magnet, also, makes a nice needle holder.

Magnetic Bag Clasp

I hope to complete the stitching
before I am home.

It is the coldest Thanksgiving on record
at home in my northeast quilty corner
and it was snowing when we left.
So we are very much enjoying the warm weather here.

I am staying around the house and stitching today.

I am not much of a Black Friday shopper.
However, I could not resist the great deals at my favorite
online quilt shop ...


On Black Friday customers can save big with 20% OFF ALL ORDERS! Plus orders over $50 will receive a White Kona Cotton Solids Charm Pack as a FREE gift! And orders over $125 will also receive a Limited Edition Black Friday Grab Bag! Quantities are limited, so act fast! Be sure to check our Flash Sale page Friday at 6 AM for some super special deals! These sales end Saturday, November 24 at Midnight CST! 

Click Here To Shop!




There are nifty giftys, too, for qualifying orders!

Happy shopping!  

Enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend! 







*Note: I am an blogging affiliate of the FQS and I receive a small percentage
of the total sale for purchases made via the share-a-sale links on my blog.
Thanks to all who shop these links and help my quilting and blogging efforts. 

3 comments:

works4me said...

That is a great project. No wonder it enticed you to cross stitch after so long away from the craft.

Enjoy the warm weather.

Natureluvr57 said...

I love Lori's designs and I love your color conversion. Have fun

Needled Mom said...

I have always loved cross stitching, but haven't done it in a awhile. You are making me want to dive in again with your cute project.