Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Quilt to Warm the Winter


Two posts in two days !

When I tucked away my Christmas decorations, there was the usual "changing of the quilts" that make my home quilty and comfy. This is especially true of the wall quilt in my dining/sewing room. It was also nice to get my sewing space back after the need to put everything away for a month to make room for the holidays.


Here is one of my favorite quilts ...



I made this one two years ago using a free pattern I found on this lovely quilty lady's blog ... "Freda's Hive" ...



Thank You, Nanette!

For this one I took the yard of the
dark floral focus fabric from my
stash and then cut up neutral and pink/rose/red scraps into small squares and sewed them into the rows to make the hearts.


I loved this pattern and hope you enjoy it, too.
Just one month to Valentine's Day!
Hmmm ... and the song pick of the day ... "1,2,3,4, It's so easy" by Plain White T's

Someday I hope to be able to come up with my own free pattrens for you to do ... but for now, I shall have to scrounge for these wonderful free gifty patterns on the wide wide web. Enjoy!!

:-) Pat

No comments: