Friday, June 1, 2018

Owl Tree ~ June Block ~ Wild BOM


Owl Tree Block
my design for
the June ~ Block 5 for the 






The background of this block is pieced.
I drew this layout of the block on EQ but
I used graft paper, pencil and my own measurements for design and cutting.


The owl is the main component of the applique pieces.

There are several smaller appliques, including a snail,
that are optional and may be added.

Most of these appliques were handdrawn by me ...


... and my furry helper ...
"the old-fashioned way,"
with paper , pen and light box.


The snail was drawn on EQ,
as my applique efforts are entering the computer age.


This block measures 12 and 1/2 inches wide by 24 and 1/2 inches high.


It is designed to be placed in the June position
 of this master layoutof this mystery quilt.

I am also designing the November block.

The background of the June block will transition 
into the reverse L-shape of the November block.

You may wish to plan your background fabrics accordingly. 

I have also designed an optional
Bonus Block for this month
and it will be released on June 15th. 

You may find the pattern for my


This file may also be

Downloaded Here in Google Docs



Join Our Facebook Group Here


See Amy's Owl ("Friends")Tree Block 
and add your block to this month's 

Wild Block Party Page @ Sew Incredibly Crazy

Visit my other design team friends for their version of this block:

Carol @ Just Let Me Quilt

who added an adorable knothole critter to here tree.

Joan @ MooseStash Quilting

who used beautiful batiks for her block.

Carla @ Creatin' in the Sticks

who carved her initials in her tree!

I hope you enjoy making this block s much as I enjoyed designing it
for this wild and wonderful Block of the Month!



Looking forward to seeing your version of this block!




9 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Dorian said...

What a cute block Pat. You did a good job with your drawing!

Unknown said...

I love your OWL!! You do an awesome job! thanks.

Joyce Carter said...

I love this block Pat. Thank you so much.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great block. Love the owl.

Needled Mom said...

Great design, Pat. The owl is so cute.

Calicojoan said...

Whooooo...doesn't love this block! Thanks Pat for a perfect addition to our "Wild Life"!

Corina said...

Great block!

Susan said...

Thanks so much for this great block! Of course, I'm using the snail!