Thursday, May 26, 2022

I Like Thursday # 141 ~ One Stitch At A Time


Good Morning, My Friends! 

Time to head over to 


and share the small things in which we find joy in life.

It is not always as easy to do as it should be.

Quite frankly, there is too much pain and sadness in the world.

Katniss and I have been spending time just stitching and dreaming of peace.

Making and doing for others has always been my go-to form of coping ...

... and going forward one stitch at a time. 


This Finished Shawl Posted Here was made for a friend's 70th birthday, 
so I am calling this on my "Sue Shawl."
I gifted it to her yesterday when we got together with for our monthly lunch day with two other of our dearest friends.  I went thru high school with Sue, so it can be said at that she is my longest lasting friend. 


The body of this shawl was made in the Tunisian Crochet Simple Stitch (tss).

To learn more, click on this link:


 I am already planning my next crochet shawl in a different free pattern, 

which will be a gift for another lunch friend later this summer. 


In the interim, I am playing with these fabrics for a quilt.

These are washed yardage fabrics from my stash.

I have used lots of smaller precuts lately in my quilting and had forgotten how nice soft washed fabrics feel when sewing.  I used to always use washed yardage for my quilts.  The resulting quilt will be smoother when washed. This will be a bed quilt for someone who likes restful colors.

I have not much more to share today.

I am sending out happy, restful, peaceful thoughts 

to all of you 

and all the world today.


3 comments:

PaintedThread said...

All your yarn projects look so soft and inviting. I like the blues of your fabric. A little solace with everything else going on.

Home Sewn By Us said...

What pretty yarn for the shawl. I'll bet your good friend Sue was delighted with the gift and your thoughtfulness. I'm thinking the kitties are good for sharing comfort and snuggling. Take care. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Susie H said...

Your Tunisian Crochet shawl is beautiful. I may need to play with that fiber art one day soon. I find knitting & sewing very good coping hobbies. Have a peaceful week!