Thursday, July 21, 2022

I Like Thursday # 146 ~ Kitchen Gadgets

 


Welcome to I Like Thursday # 146!

On Thursdays I like to join with my blogging friends for

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

where we share the things that we like every week.

Our lovely leader, LeeAnna, has added a new fun theme for each week

and this week our prompt is to feature the Kitchen Gadgets that we like.

I have three favorite things to show you that I reach for all the time:


The first is my vintage Good Seasonings Cruet.

I have had this at least 40 years.  I have found this very useful over time.

It came with a couple of Good Seasoning Italian salad dressing packets and it has lines etched in the side to show the fill line for the vinegar and the oil.

Although I rarely buy the seasoning packets, I use this all the time to make just the right amount freshly made salad dressing for a meal. These days I usually use extra virgin olive oil and a balsamic vinegar and fresh or dried herbs of my choice.

They still sell a modern looking cruet these days that comes with the packets.

If you want one for your kitchen, you can find it online, but it is more expensive.  Look for it in your salad dressing section of your local market and it should be about $4.00.

I use this carafe for other purposes, too, as it has a nice fitting tight lid. I have used this many times to pour a sauce from a larger bottle or from a pan made sauce to make serving it at the table drip-free.

In summer I like to use this outside on our deck dining table and often put milk or cream in it to serve coffee or tea because the lid keeps insects out.

Also I realized at some point over the years that the "V" line on the cruet is a perfect 1/2 cup and use it for measuring liquids to add to recipes.


My second item is this much newer one ... 
this glass Olive Oil Dispenser bottle.

It looks stylish on my counter where is so easy 

to grab and pour out just what I need when cooking.  

The black cap is tight fitting and drip free. 

I bought this last year Here on Amazon and I love it.


It came with a metal funnel and extra pourer and cap.

I buy my EVO in large bottles at Costco.  I have found it good quality and cost.

I definitely recommend this product.


My third favorite kitchen items are my homemade

 cloth towel roll and easy jar openers.

I have used and washed these on a daily basis.

Click on the link below for info on

How to Make Kitchen Items Here

I hope you have enjoyed stopping by my kitchen today.


Thanks for visiting!

Have A Happy Thursday! 

5 comments:

LA Paylor said...

oh my gosh! home made towel rolls!!! I loved all these. I have the same old cruet and the ingredients changed in the seasoning packet so I use it for homemade dressings too. I love it. I'm being introduced to and reminded of things I forgot to mention! I would love a prettier smaller container for EVOO too.
LeeAnna

PaintedThread said...

Oh, those cruets are classic! I recently got one of those oil pouring bottles, and I love it!

Chantal said...

This is a very interesting post. Thanks for sharing all your useful gadgets and where to get them. Loved it. ;^)

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! I have that exact same cruet bottle and love it as well. I didn't know that about the 1/2 cup measure. The EVO bottle - I definitely need to improve what we use. I buy the big bottle of oil as well and then dump it into a smaller one. Your bottle looks so official - like a chef. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Awesome items. I buy the large bottle too and dump it in a small bottle from Ikea. Love your home sewn items!