Friday, July 29, 2022

I Like Thursday # 147 ~ Summer In the Scrapatch

 


Good Morning and Welcome to I Like Thursday on Friday! 

On Thursdays I like to join with my blogging friends for

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

where we share the things that we like every week.

It has been hot here again all week and yesterday it turned stormy and mostly stayed inside but my computer was off.

This is the view out my back door during a sunny patch.

The goldfinches love the tube feeders I found this year.


I love these bright and beautiful birds.  They very often come in pairs but we also see the babies before they have their adult colors. The babies are tiny.

This year we have families of house finches on these feeders, too.

This week's prompt is what we wear as our summer uniform to keep cool.

I am not much of a model, so I pulled couple of things out of the closet that I have had for a few years which well represents what I reach for when the temperatures is soaring. Cotton and knit are the fabrics of the day.

I am a stretchy shirt and capri or long shorts summer gal. 

These were purchased at least four years ago on sale at:

Plus Size Karen Scott at Macy's

These fit well and wash well and are comfortable.

On my feet, I like open toed sandals with contoured soles like these which I buy once a year at 

Pawprints @ Animal Rescue Greater Good

A friend sent me this link once and says it is a reputable charitable business, but I do not know this for a fact.  I do like their sandals as they feel comfortable around the house and for puttering in my garden. 

I am not affiliated with these businesses and have no interest in being an influencer so I am just providing these links for those who like to shop online for similar items. 


My garden is blooming even on this gray day.  
Time to go outside and enjoy. 

I hope you are having a happy summer.

Thanks for visiting! 


2 comments:

LA Paylor said...

glad you survived the weather! It's been storming here the last week, one day the rain was actually vertical so grass and trees got a drink. Love those colorful yard shots!

Dorian said...

Good morning Pat, it's hot here too. I can't await for the cool Fall months already. It used to be I loved Summer... it's just too hot anymore though, and I'm not playing at the lakes/creeks like I did when I was younger :) I hope you have a lovely weekend.