Monday, August 1, 2022

Hello, August ~ Back to Blogging

 

Happy August! 



I have been sitting and stitching and enjoying summer.

Mr. Scrapatch has been working all week and catching up on all the projects that need doing around the Scrapatch on the weekends. Here he is yesterday using his portable electric cement mixer to replace cement landing for the back steps.  

The steps and stringers also need replacing,

 so there is a gaping hole off the back porch ...

... and a pile of wood and bags of cement on the deck under the gazebo.

I am very blessed that he can do the work and I can sit and stitch.

Today it is steamy and I am sitting inside working on the crochet shawl for another friend in my monthly lunch group.  When I asked her what color she said any shade of purple.  I was surprised to hear she is a purple person as she does not wear purple or have it in her home decor.  When I thought about it, though, I should not have been surprised as she is a healer by nature and was a nurse for 40 years in a local emergency room. 

Maestro is my crochet helper of the day.


Very helpful.


After I gently removed the WIP from her razor sharp teeth, 

I put it in one of the clear plastic tote bags that I use as project bags for my yarn.

So Maestro expressed herself by chewing on the strap.


I am really happy with this new to me Tunisian Crochet stitch.

More later. 

I plan to be back to blogging on a regular basis now.


Hope you and yours are having a good summer!



2 comments:

Sharon Kwilter said...

The shawl is gorgeous. I look forward to watching your progress.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Those are lovely colors in the shawl. The stitching is a new to me stitch, very pretty!