Saturday, August 6, 2022

Scrappy Saturday ~ Yarn Scrap Style

 


Scrappy Saturday ~ Yarn Scrap Project

When I was quilting daily, I used to very often take a break on Saturdays and play with my fabric scraps for the day.  Since I have been sitting and stitching with my yarn instead of sewing at my machine, I am playing with my yarn scraps today. 

The yarn that is stitched in the bottom of the photo is from my current project.


The center of the scrap project is this sample swatch I made in the Honeycomb Tunisian Crochet stitch.  After making this I decided this color changing yarn was not well suited to this stitch and chose a different one for the shawl I am making for one of my friends.

I relegated a whole ball of this new yarn to the scrap pile after Nutmeg attacked it with her sharp teeth and claws as soon as I took it out of the plastic packaging

I have a video of this and Maestro also snagging my yarn at

The Scrapatch Cats on TikTok

where I have a very minimal presence,

just so I do not look like an anonymous lurker when I like and comment. 

Trying to gently pry the new ball of yarn away from the Nutmeg only made it worse.

My kitties say, "Not us!  See how angelic looking and helpful we are?"

Nutmeg loves to lay on lap on top of my current project. 


I started randomly adding borders to the sample swatch with the scrap ball of yarn and my regular crochet hook.

What am I making?


I am making a crocheted kitty blanket.

I surprised Maestro who was having a nap on the sofa near me 
and asked her to model it for size. 

I am hoping that if I make them blankets with my scrap yarn 
they may happily make these fuzzy while biscuit making 
instead of my larger crocheted blankets and shawls and scarves. 


So I am now adding more borders with the small gray and pink balls of yarn 
left from my ...

My kitties love scrappy projects as much as I do.

They are my purrrrfect scrapatch cats.


What are you working on today>?

Are you sewing and stitching scrappy?



2 comments:

Chantal said...

I'm sure your cats will appreciate the little blanket when the colder months get here. Love the scrappiness of this blanket. ;^)

Dorian said...

I have the same problem with kitties on my quilt I'm trying to get quilted up. If they aren't laying on the quilt, they are rubbing faces with me and generally getting in the way. Silly kitties :) I hope your's likes the blankies you are making them. Have a great day.