Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Stitch Sew & Show ~ 2022 ~ Week 31

 


Welcome to Stitch Sew & Show ~ 2022 ~ Week 31


Here is my progress on the Perfectly Purple Shawl 
that I am making for my purple loving friend's birthday this month.



I have been working on this shawl

Inside, Outside and All Around the House

with the help of my kitty cats. 

Maestro has been particularly helpful with this project.


A tutorial for this pattern may be found here:

Tunisian Block Stitch @ YL Yarn Crafts

I was working on a different stitch for this project when I saw this


and it was just what I had envisioned for my purple yarns.

I am adapting this stitch for my own shawl design.

I am really enjoying working on this project.


I was working on my Pretty Pink Radius Shawl ~ Started Here


I did finish this Pretty Pink Shawl in time to gift it to ...


... my friend, Elaine, at her birthday luncheon. 

It fit her perfectly and is the same color pink as the shirt she is wearing. I picked this color yarn because I have seen her wear this shade of pink many times. 

I added a border and a button closure to the original 

 Radius Shawl Pattern by Light & Joy Design

As you can see, my friend was very happy with the results. 


I am hoping to be back to posting weekly on my blog.


What have you been working on this summer, my friends? 

Please share! 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

Dorian said...

Beautiful job on your shawls :) Thank you for the linky party this week.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your friend looks very pleased with her gift. That's a lovely shade of pink, it will brighten up things this winter, happy stitching!

Sheri said...

Wow, your knitting (or is it crocheting?) is beautiful! Darling shawl and great adaptation for that little square design and lovely colors and what a great, sweet little helper!