Monday, August 8, 2022

Monday's Stitching



Today I worked on the edging border 

of the back block for my purple shawl project.

For this part of the project I used my regular size K 6.5mm hook started by working a single crochet in every stitch on all four side of my block.

On the side edges of my block I worked three rows of single crochet

and on the top and bottom where I cast on and off, I added only one row of SC. 


Then I worked around the block one more time adding a Back Post Single Crochet (BPSC) to finish the block border. 


Now my block measures 20 inches square and I am ready to start the sides of my shawl tomorrow with my Tunisian Crochet Hook.

As I said, this is a design as I go project.

So far is is looking just as I had hoped. 


It was so oppressively hot and humid today,

 I stayed inside most of the day 

and was very thankful for my window air conditioners. 

The daytime adjusted temperature was in the triple digits all day. 

Is it as hot where you are?

How are you staying cool? 



1 comment:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The stitches on your shawl look so interesting! I like the blend of colors. We don't have air conditioning in our house but it's an old house, built in the 1800's for air flow in the summer. We also have ceiling fans. We do get hot sometimes but then we can take heat better than most people. Happy stitching!