Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Stitch Sew & Show ~ 2022 ~ Week 33


 Welcome to Stitch Sew & Show ~ 2022 ~ Week 

I am back after after another week plus of being away from my computer.  
Nothing life changing; just life happening. 


I have been working on my
and have been making good progress.


I have started calling this my "Winging It Shawl" 
as I have been designing as I go. 
After adding the first shoulder in this photo,
I decided it looks like I am adding wings to the square 
that forms the back of the shawl.


The color changing yarn that I am using for this project is new to me.
The lighter yarn is Mauve Pink.  The darker yarn is Purple Iris. 
I like the feel of this yarn.  The wool content gives it the soft fuzzy feel of wool but it is very nice to the touch.  This Wool Wonders is a soft, single ply blend of 30% Australian Wool and 70% acrylic. 
It is a variegated  #4 Medium Worsted Aran Yarn. 
I cannot say how this yarn washes and wears yet. Time will tell.
I do have a scrap yarn project in process which has some of this yarn.  
I will wash the scrap project as soon as it is finished.
I love the fall colors that are coming soon. 


Here I am casting on the other shoulder and I needed to figure out how to make the short rows and the neck decrease on the other side so it would match the other shoulder.
I could not find any online or book instructions showing me how to make short rows in the Tunisian Crochet Knit Stitch (TKS) on the left side of any project.
I even asked in a Tunisian Crochet group that I have joined on Facebook and got no answers. 


After trial and error, found that placing the hook in the TKS in the row below made an almost seamless transition. 

I am literally winging it as I go.



Here is my progress.
I have the shoulder two wings on the back of my shawl 
and I am ready to start the next part of my planned design.

I have not seen any shawl like this online. 

I am not a pattern writer but if there is interest in how I made this, I will try to make a tutorial. 

Would you be interested in making your own version of this shawl?


Crochet is still my favorite thing to do right now.
When I have given my hands a rest, 
I have been following the yarn trail wherever it leads me on the internet
and it lead me to a new series on how-to crochet.

If you are new to or want to learn more about crochet, 

you may be interested in this free beginner series happening now:

Crochet Academy 2022 @ TL Yarn Crafts

If you join, you will receive one email per day with the daily topic.

There are also free project tutorials.

There are even kits available at Lion Brand Yarns :

Crochet Academy Kits @ Lion Brand

I am not affiliated in any way with any of these businesses and am providing the links for those who may be interested.

I am thinking of making this Lynn Fringed Vest Project,

but I am focused on my current projects and have the yarn for my next two Tunisian Crochet projects, so I am not sure when I might make the crochet vest. 

I am enjoying the daily emails and am learning new things about regular crochet.


What are you stitching and sewing this week?


Please share? 


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

Dorian said...

Good morning Pat, your progress is looking lovely. That picture with both wings makes it look like a pretty purple heart :) Have a lovely day.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your shawl is looking fabulous. I love the colors in it . Such a fabulous name as well. Thank you for hosting the link party . Have a great weekend, Pat.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Thanks for the yarn talk and I've noted that particular one you mention.It is surprisingly hard to find wool that tics all the boxes when you can't actually feel it.Lovely knitting you have there, Pat. Sorry I missed the link up...distracted this week.