Thursday, November 16, 2023

I Like Thursday # 175 ~ Cassian ~ Thankful Thursday


 Good Thursday!

I am Cassian and I am thankful for me furrever home.

I have been living here in my forever home for a year now

 and had my annual check-up at the vet last night 

where I received my three year shot for rabies and distemper, 

so I am feeling a bit sore and sleepy today. 


This is what I looked like last November just before my humans let me in to stay.

I was not even a year old and all on my own on the streets and it was getting cold.

I was named for some handsome scruffy anti-hero, thief-in-the-night character

 in a TV show that my new mommy was watching.  

Something about my being able to "just walk in like you belong" 

and make myself at home and take all the good stuff. 

I think sometimes Mommy cat-napped me

 but she says she told me I was home forever when I walked in.

I am not sure I understood the part about never going out again.

Mommy says Marva is the first Star Wars character 

she can actually identify with,

or something like that.

I am pretty loveable when I curl up with mommy on the quilts.


I can even get close to Maestro, these days.


I know she likes me.


I have made some headway with this gorgeous feline,

who has been resisting my snuggles.

Mommy says she wants to boss me, but I am the boss of me.

I will win in the end.


I have made much better progress snuggling with this cute ginger blondie,

who is a great wrestler, by the way. 

When I think I've pinned her to the floor, she does this twist and jump move

 and she is gone in a flash of her tail.

So enchanting.

 I know she likes me. 

We both love the warm spots and the good things in life.

Nutmeg is a fierce guards at this door.

When she first saw me, she tried to scare me off 

by howling and throwing herself at the door.  

Mommy says I only made it in the door because I made friends with her first.

Maybe mommy does not really know she was secretly 

trying to break down the door so I could get in.  

Heh-heh-heh.

This is as close as I can get to spicy Katniss, the fluffy tailed one.

Mommy says she was once feral like me so we have a lot in common.

Even at 13 years old, she is free-wheeling and fiesty and fabulous.

I know I can get her to like me.


Who could resist me?

I guess I will stay. 

The food is good and plentiful 

and the quilts are comfy.

The girl cats are fun and entertaining.

Having a home is better than lost in space.


Mommy says I have to show her stitching progress now.

Maestro has the cave bed and Katniss wants it.

Not happening. 

Katniss shall have to settle for the other cat bed.


So this is the stitch stuff.

More pumpkins.

I like pumpkin pie, with whipped cream.

Mommy should give me pie. 


Please visit Mommy's  friends  @

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

and have a Happy Thursday! 


1 comment:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Well to say this cat has found a good home is certainly an understatement. Good food and comfy quilts sound like my idea of heaven too. How loved they all are too. And beautiful stitching to share as well. Lovely post!