Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Happy Quilty Day

 
 The mountain in the distance is Mount Monadnock
Yesterday, my hubby and I took a drive to Cheshire County, NH, to enjoy the country roads, the beautiful fall foliage, a cozy quilt shop, a delicious lunch with his cousin and her hubby, and a lovely little quilt guild show.
 
 
 
 
The Cathedral of the Pines is a very peaceful place. 
 
The quilt shop was one of my favorite quilt shop destinations.
 
 
 
The quilts show was the  
 
They had many, many beautiful quilts. 
 
This one really caught my eye ...
 
Pyramid Scheme by Kathryn Amadon,
Monadnock Quilters Guild Show 2012
pattern by
 
 
close up of fabrics and quilting
 

quilt show information card
 
I love the fabrics and colors in this quilt.  The pattern designer, Linda Warren, was vendor at the show and this pattern was one of my few purchases.  The pattern is very well written, with lots of tips and tricks and the blocks look very easy to make.  The finished quilt is very striking. 
 
There was also a scrappy sample quilt so this would be a good stash busting pattern, too.  Since I have a lot of stash to bust, I hope to be sewing this one soon. :)
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

Dorian said...

Sounds like a lovely day Ms Pat :) That catherderal reminds me of a place in AZ. When my Grandparents would come visit us, they would take us to an outdoor church. The pews were natural rock formation that was in a circle, and the pulpit was in the middle. Very neat.

Delia Moran said...

I'm having a great deal of envy right now. These are some of my favorite places, but I wasn't able to get out this weekend. Glad you had such fun!