Monday, December 10, 2018

My Bewitching Breeze Quilt


At last I am able to show you this quilt!

This is my Halloween version of the

Jolly Bar Meringue Quilt @ Fat Quarter Shop

To make this quilt I played with the basic meringue blocks,
twisting and turning and choosing colors to make this ...


... giant pinwheel layout ... 

Quilt size 49" by 49" 

Yardage Requirements for this version of the quilt:
1/2 yard gray
5/8 yard orange
3/8 yard white
1 and 1/4 yard beige
3/4 yard fabric(s) for binding  


For my Halloween quilt I used

1 Bewitching Layer Cake
1 Bella Solid Parchment Junior Layer Cake
1/4 yard Vanilla Stars Grunge fabric
3/4 yard each  Halloween Lattice and of binding fabrics 

The Blocks:


Center Block ~ Make 1 block


Corner Blocks ~ Make 4 Blocks


Side Blocks ~ Make 4 Blocks



To make Meringue Block units, follow sewing instructions here

Piecing Half-Rectangle Units


Back of block

Press all seams open on 8.5" units.

Nest seams when making larger blocks.



Mt little quilty kitties and I followed our own choice 
for color and placement of blocks.



Our finished quilt top.


Katniss helped select the quilting thread.



Nutmeg and I quilted a large spider web.


Maestro helped press the quilt.


My quilty kitties and I hope you enjoy making this quilt as much as we did.

In the spirit of the current season,

here is a variation of this quilt in red, green and white, 
white a single print background: 


May ALL your holidays be quilty and bright!  



1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

I love it. The quilting is perfect for it too.