Saturday, December 8, 2018

Too Cute ~ Must Stitch!


Yes, this is a new project ... a new start. 
This 
is just too cute to say no.

I told myself I could not get the Christmas one if I did not finish the fall one.


This is my progress on my Farm Girl Fall.
I had a lot of fun stitching this, the first time I have cross stitched in over 40 years.
I even stitched in the airport and in flight.
I can only stitch for a few minutes before I must give my eyes a rest.
This may not look like much of an accomplishment,
but I am very happy with it.
But then I caught a Texas Sized Cold from my Grand-darling and brought it home with me 
and I pulled the blankets over my head and went to bed for days.
I only went out to see my doctor.
I am finally on the mend and ready to stitch and sew again.
But I am not feeling fall anymore.

I am ready for a fun, festive, snowy Vintage Christmas
here in my cold New England quilty corner.

So I ordered the Christmas pattern, floss and some 
Aida cloth ... and I am ready to stitch!




Here are my choices for aida cloth, in various size counts ... 

(Left to right)

Blue 11, Gray 11, Silver Dusted 14 (bought this one in Texas) 
and the recommended Oatmeal 10 and White 10

As usual, I am having a hard time deciding between the choices. 


I am leaning toward the Silver Dusted 14,
it is a natural off white with silver threads
and even my 
looks crisp on it.
In a close second place is the Blue Aida 10 cloth.

What would you choose?

Opinions Welcome!


4 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Ahh--I see you have a helper there--how fun--
enjoy, di

Jacqueline said...

Decision would be based on the size of the finished project .

Susan said...

The white thread does look nice against the silver dusted one, and I do like the little bit of sparkle it seems to have. Any of them would be pretty, wouldn't they?

claudia said...

I think Vintage Christmas screams the silver dusted. (Actually, any one of the aida choices would be good!)