Friday, November 1, 2019

November is a Time to Celebrate All That is Home


I am playing with these pretties today.

They are 




It is November, a month that makes me think 
of all things that say "Home" to me.


November is one of my favorite months.
In truth, I say this about every month.


It is a month of thanksgiving.
In truth, I am thankful every day of every month.
Images from Thankful Thirteen


Usually, I talk about thankfulness for things big and small on
In truth, I look for what makes me happy everyday.

Still, there are some things unique to November.
So each day  I will post one of these for this month of November.

Here is today's ...


My local dairy Shaw Farms has eggnog again! 

This is so rich and creamy, I would not want to drink it everyday
but every year I look forward to a glass mug of this with a little nutmeg sprinkled on top.




Here is Kathy Schmitz's free block pattern for her fabric line for the


I really like the red center in this block.
It adds a warm hearth touch.


Seeing the red square gives me the thought that this would make a
wonderful log cabin quilt.

Hmmmm ... could that be what I am making?

Time will tell.

May you and yours have a Happy November 
wherever you are Home. 


6 comments:

Sue said...

Happy November! I love November's weather and seeing the fall colors. This is my 5th November in the US. I moved here 5 years ago from Australia, where it is beginning to heat up at this time of year.

Chantal said...

Mmm! I love eggnogg with nutmeg too. I love this line of fabric. For us, up in Canada, November is dreadful. It's dark, rainy, bare trees, very windy and gloomy. Like Halloween for an entire month. hahaha. So enjoy it for those who can't enjoy Fall anymore. ;^)

Farm Quilter said...

I'm always excited when eggnog hits the market!!! I suppose I could learn to make it myself and have it any time I want, but that takes time from quilting!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Yes, it makes like more pleasant when you find something every single day to be thankful for. Oh eggnog! I love it rich and creamy. For some reason our stores favor 1%...don't bother. I used to hate when Autumn arrived. The fall leave colors are beautiful, but as far as replicating them in my living space or clothes...nope. Not for me. I used to start my countdown to summer just as soon as Halloween passed, but now that I am older I don't look forward so much for the time to fly by, lol.
xx, Carol

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love fall for the all the reasons you mentioned. What a beautful block and her fabric line is scrumptous!

Bernie Kringel said...

Fall is my favorite season. I am not a hot weather person so I love when it cools down after our very warm summers. Unfortunately fall has become fire season in CA though and that is miserable. We are anxiously waiting for our rainy season to start so there won't be any other fires. Crossing fingers....