Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Perfect 5 ~ Week 5 ~ Perfect Time



Time to start my Perfect 5 SAL Sampler Quilt.
It is week 5. 
Perfect timing! 

This project has the "Paw of Approval" 

 This Fat Quarter Shop Quilt Along actually started 5 weeks ago ... 





Perfect 5 Quilts Book
"It's Sew Emma" , the pattern design team at  Fat Quarter Shop
created a companion book with 16 different block patterns
using charm packs for this ruler

They also sell a combo if you want to purchase the book and ruler together.

Perfect 5 Book and Ruler Combo Here

As with all things, the FQS is very thorough and have a

Perfect 5 Ruler ~ How to Use Video ~ Fat Quarter Shop

I bought the ruler when it first came out because I like new quilt rulers.

Then I bought the book because some of the blocks look like sew much fun.

Then they announced the sampler QAL and I started looking at fabric.

Problem is I decided I really had to have this perfect fabric ... 



Scarlet and Sage By Fig Tree Quilts for Moda Fabrics
but it was not available for purchase until this month.
Sew I am starting late and playing catch-up.


Scarlet and Sage Layer Cake
because the fabric requirements for the sampler quilt calls for four charm packs.


This is my favorite print in the line and it is perfect with the warm yellow Bella Solid background fabric I chose ...


Bella Solid "Afternoon"

I love this warm sunny color.
It is the color of the harvest sun shining in late afternoon.
It is very close to the yellow paint on my bedroom walls.
I love it ... :-)


My yellow fabric looks dull tan in the shadowy lights of evening.
This is how I fold and store my long yardage.
I smooth it out and wind it loosely around my 24" ruler.


Then I unwind it as I go.

How do you fold and store your long yardage pieces?
Do you have a good system?
I am always looking for new ideas.



The Perfect 5 ruler is a good size for cutting charms.
In truth, you could use any ruler to make these cuts,
but I am a gadget girl.
So I am enjoying playing with my new ruler.


I am piecing the first blocks.
  Hubby is working.


My quilty kitties and I will be sewing late tonight.

May you have a happy quilty night <3 

1 comment:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Looks like a fun quilt, love the colors. I store my yardage on comic book boards so I do have to iron it when I use it.