Wednesday, September 9, 2020

A Stash of Leaves


I have been reorganizing and finding fabric treasures.

These are what I have left of a Maywood Studio line, 
circa 2008.
It is called "Leaves" by Jackie Robinson,
whose fabrics are always rich in color and have beautiful border prints.

I am making a small project with these and am wishing I maybe had more of these scraps.

I actually have few nice size pieces of the border stripe,
but not enough on the regular prints to make a lap size quilt.
I have not found other fabrics in my stash that work well with them
as the tone and colors are so unique. 
Maybe I will just find a cream background and see what I can do with what I have.
Maybe I will tuck the rest of the scraps back into my treasured stash.

I love my fabric. 
<3 

3 comments:

Material Girl said...

I have to laugh- I hoard some fabrics too! I have decided to use them by making small pouches or tablerunners,etc so I can just go buy more fabric..... after all, there’s always more pretty fabric! Thanks fir sharing!

Kathy E. said...

Those fabrics caught my eye, for sure! I can see why you've hung on to them and want to make something very special. Perhaps a reader may come up with some extra matching fabric to help you out. Whatever you make, it will be gorgeous!

Dorian said...

I remember that line, it's so beautiful. Jackie is one of my very favorite fabric designers. Maywood fabrics are so rich and vibrant. Can't wait to see what you are making. Have a lovely day!