Thursday, September 3, 2020

I Like Thursday # 64 ~ Seeds of Gratitude


Happy Thursday!

September has arrived with cooler air and nourishing rains. 
Time for fall fabrics and black quilty kitties ... 


... and orange quilty kitties. 


I have left a basket open on my cutting table 
and all three kitties take their turn.

It is my favorite time for quilts,
as I love the fall colors and designs.


These fabrics are

This is a line from the 2019 Fall Market and I have recently uncovered 
these beauties in my stash as I reorganize.,
but it is still available in online shops, such as

There is a free pattern in two colorways ... 






I love the blue in this line, especially the blue and orange pumpkin print.

I am still deciding what to sew with these pretty fabrics.

I have been enjoying my fabric and family this week.


On Saturday, it was Mr Scrapatch's 70th Birthday
 and I made his favorite cherry vanilla buttercream frosted cake. 
The Boys came over to celebrate with us.
Mr Scrapatch established a new post-covid19 birthday cake tradition ...
waving out the candles so as not to blow on the cake.
I wish I had thought to take a video. 

The Girls cpould not be with us, of course, as my daughter and grand-darling 
are is Texas awaiting my SIL to return from his deployment. 


We enjoy our little from afar.
My grand-darling is six now and enjoys the puzzles we send her.


This is her first 100 piece puzzle that we just sent her yesterday.
My daughter sent me a video later of her placing the last pieces.
Everly was so happy with her accomplishment. 

So it has been a happy week for me.
Time to enjoy sharing the day with my friends at

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color

who once a week choose to find and share happiness.

May you and yours have a Happy Thursday!

6 comments:

LA Paylor said...

omg your grand darling... too sweet, no maybe the cats are too cute! I can't decide! Luckily you showed us those, and a cherry cake? I want that recipe, I adore cherry. Happy birthday to your smart hand waving husband. This year I put candles only on dh's slice!! ( I sang...) You captured the cat's eyes so well... so pretty makes me want to try to paint them, maybe I will for tomorrow's post!
LeeAnna

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! HB to your DH. I never would have thought to wave my hands to blow out the candles. Did he have to wave vigorously? I'm guessing he did. How sweet that your granddaughter can do 100 piece puzzles! That's amazing. ~smile~ Roseanne

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Happy Birthday to Mr. Scrapatch. LOL The cake looks yummy. The grand daughter is so sweet, I thought for sure she was older than that. Yay for puzzles and working that little mind. Love your projects, don't you love free patterns from the manufacturers?

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Yay for happy weeks in these difficult times. Pretty fall fabric! That sounds like a wonderful cake. Good idea on not blowing out the candles. Sweet granddaughter’s really good at puzzles.

Dorian said...

A happy belated birthday to Charlie... and a happy early one to you ;) I'm glad you were able to have the boys come over for a celebration. Everly is looking lovely, glad she's enjoying the puzzles. Have a lovely day.

PaintedThread said...

Waving out the candles. Love that! Happy birthday! Happy kitties in baskets. All good stuff. :-)