Thursday, September 17, 2020

I Like Thursday # 66 ~ I Like Fall


Autumn has come to the Scrapatch.

Mr Scrapatch and I have planted fall mums in out windowboxes and pots.

The orange, yellow and red colors are my favorite.

I am going to try to winter some of these this year.

I did successfully winter this purple aster in our garden for the last three years

and it is big and full of blossoms this year. 

Fall mums and asters are normally annuals in our planting zone

but they sometimes come back another year in a sheltered place.

I have hund one of my favorite fall quilts in my dining room.

This was one of my early quilts and one of the first featured Here on my blog.

This is a panel in the middle and I designed the borders myself.

These were my very first flying geese blocks. 

I love fall quilts.

If you like Halloween Quilts you may like the free quilt-along happening at this new 

Cackling Stitches Facebook Group

where theres is lots of inspiration in the group 

and a free quiltalong this month.

All Blocks may be found here ... 

Trick or Treat @ Just Let Me Quilt

Download all the blocks now while they are free.

The pattern will be $5.00 after the end of the September.

I have not started this one yet but I am saving it for next month.

I have this Halloween Jelly Roll and Grunge Layer Cake.

The jelly roll is

Scaredy Cat by Amanda @ Jedi Craft Girl

and there is a free mini quilt pattern in the link to her site.

I like the touch of minty green in this fabric line.

Maybe I will use these for this quilt.


Last weekend. Mr Scrapatch and I went to a favorite farm in nearby New Hampshire

where we found this happy pumpkin guy.

This photo was taken in Hollis, NH, at

Brookdale Farm

There is a photo op place in front of their farm stand,

that I edited as I did not want to show the kids and people standing in front.

We bought some very tasty cider, corn and other veggies 

and some baked goods.  Yum!

I love the sights and tastes of fall, especially home baked bread ... 

Here is the Sourdough Bread I baked this week from my

Sourdough Starter from last Thursday's post.

Last week's loaf was also leavened with a tablespoon of yeast.

This one is made with just my sourdough starter.

It made yummy grilled sandwiches with soup for dinner one night.

It has been a peaceful, happy week here in the Scrapatch.


It is time to give thanks and enjoy all the thnakful posts from my friends for

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color

who once a week choose to find and share happiness.

May you and yours have a Happy Thursday!

8 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! Oh that fresh sourdough bread with soup or as grilled cheese sandwiches sounds just wonderful. YUM! It is time here, too, to start visiting the local pumpkin farm. They usually have a corn maze and other fun events for the kids. We've taken the littles the last two years but I don't know about this year. It is usually so crowded - we'll have to see. Happy Thursday to you, my friend. ~smile~ Roseanne

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Your flowers are beautiful. Love the little quilt, so pretty.
Have a great day!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your flowers are so pretty, Pat, and I love the fall quilt you're showing! And homemade sourdough bread - yum!

PaintedThread said...

Your place is pretty in the fall! That bread looks delicious!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh so many great likes. Love the mums. I was told Hardy mums will come back every year. The aster is lovely too. I have these little white flowers I thought looked like chamomile but they are actually called Frost Asters. Your sourdough looks yummy, and so many great fall projects going on.

dq said...

NOthing beats the scent of home baked bread! Nothing! It is my very favorite treat above all else especially with real butter!

Dorian said...

Glad it's been a happy, peaceful week for you Pat. It's nice the cooler weather has settled in and the leaves are falling here. I think they are falling more due to the fact that there is smoke instead of sun in the sky, and no rain, instead of because it's Fall. lol Have a happy day :)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I enjoy seeing the fabrics you choose, Pat like the group in your last post.as well. Your little hanging looks perfect and suits the lovely fall mums, etc. I have a hardy patch of purple asters that grows year after year. I just love sourdough bread and your loaf made my mouth water. I think I could live on bread!