Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Scrapatch Cross Stitch Wednesday # 1 ~ Getting Ready for Stitchtober

 


Loving this adorable purple gingham "OCT 31" cross stitch motif! 

I am starting a new weekly post series.

This will be a weekly update of my cross stitching progress.

I have chosen Wednesday because every Wednesday I enjoy 


Fat Quarter Shop Flosstube with Kimberly Jolly

It is live at 9:00am Central US Time.

It is so inspiring!

I will never be able to stitch all the wonderful projects that I see here.

I do like to pick one and slowly stitch along at my own pace.


This time I have chosen the

The layout is a free .pdf, but you would need the 
and the other Lori Holt Cross Stitch Patterns listed on the pattern sheet.
Lori Holt's cross stitch patterns are my personal favorites and I have many of her patterns
and will substitute a different motif if I am missing one.

I have to use 10 or 11 count Aida cloth, a large needle and six strands and my bright Halo Go LED light, to see what I am stitching.

I purchase most of my cross stitch supplies at

Fat Quarter Shop Cross Stitch

where I am a small blogger affiliate. 

I was a customer for many years before I became an affiliate.

I am happy to have finally found some "Misty Grey" hand-dyed 11 count aida cloth.

It is from Garibaldi's Needleworks.

I am not affiliated with Garibaldi's. I am just a very happy customer.

I ordered this hand-dyed cloth on September 7th and received it this week

with plenty of time to work on my Halloween cross stitch project. 

This cloth is two sided, one side a little darker than the other

and it is bound on all sides with zig zag stitches.

It is soft and easy to stitch.

I like to use a Q-Snap plastic frame to hold my cloth. 

I am hoping to have this done for Halloween and am happily sticthing along with

#fqsstitchober

Happy Fall Stitching! 


3 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

That’s what I need to do...designate a day for cross stitching...now with fall the evening light is not good enough for my eyes so I need to do this in the morning instead of heading to the sewing room. Anyway, good luck with this cute project.

LA Paylor said...

I want those llama thread holders!!! Where did you get them? LeeAnna

grammajudyb said...

I’m with LeeAnna! The llama thread holders or bobbins are too cute! It’s going to be a really boo-tiful project!