Thursday, November 12, 2020

I Like Thursday # 73 ~ Quilty Wisdom & Mystery

 

I like these Quilty Wisdoms

that I see daily at Quiltville on Instagram

This quote seems like a good mantra for the week.

Photo and Quote from Bonnie Hunter @ Quiltville

I am thinking this refers to her upcoming mystery quilt-along

as it is Mystery Season Here @ Quiltville.

"Jodi compiled her choices as:

Red = orange-red 20-12

Orange = orange 21-28

Gold = orange-yellow 23-29 

Green = Chartreuse 2-28

Gray = ?? Dark shade/tone of light violets?"


Click Here for Grassy Creek Mystery Info

I shall be patiently spending some time in Quiltville at the end of the month.

In the meantime I make be digging for fat quarters. 

It has been a quiet and balmy week here in the scrapatch.

I have spent a lot of time outdoors trying to capture the falling leaves

and bag them and send them to the city mulching effort. 

Click Here for Grassy Creek Intro Post and .pdf Requirements


My efforts and frequent breaks afforded me the chance to capture a photo 

from across the yard of this elusive pair,  young Mr and Mrs Cardinal, 

who are the first on my feeders in the gray early morning hours

 and the last in the waning evening light.

I am hoping they will grace my feeders all winter and bring a nest full of babies in the spring.

The colors in this photo would make a good photo for a chip sample for the mystery quilt. 

I have been well, but have been mostly staying away from social media,

except for the lovely, never ending virtual quilt show.


I like good smoked barbecue and finding good smoked barbecue in the northeast 

calls for patience and sampling a lot of bad barbecue in search for good barbecue.

This week we found it @

Bobby & Jacks Memphis Barbecue

in nearby Tewksbury, Massachusetts.  

We have found burnt ends ... those delectable, melt in your mouth barbecue goodness!

Smoked chicken good, beans good, southern style cornbread good, biscuits okay,

mac and cheese ... eh ... best left unsaid.

Looking forward to trying the ribs and brisket ... and more burnt ends!!

This week I also got my free starbucks cup 

and a yummy Pumpkin Spice Iced Latte ... mmmmm!

Happy Thursday to my friends 

@


May you have a safe and happy week! 



 

6 comments:

Roseanne said...

Oh, Pat!! I am so thrilled to see your cardinal photo. I have a pair outside my work window that come visit real early in the morning. Now that the window has to be kept closed, I can't hear them but his bright color catches my eye. I hope they continue to come all winter. My mouth is watering for those burnt ends of the BBQ. YUM. I'm swooning just thinking of it. Happy Thursday to you, my friend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love your Cardinal photo. I seem to do Bonnie's mysteries every other year. I stalled out On Ringo Lake, but love the colors, last years didn't really catch my fancy, but this years I may try to play along. I can totally understand about fining good barbecue. Have a fantastic weekend. I have been staying away from social media a lot too. Too much crazy going on.

PaintedThread said...

Ooh - a new mystery quilt. Cardinals are so pretty. We've been craving BBQ lately - we need to hit our local restaurant for takeout. Yours looks good!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Loved those cardinals. They visit here late afternoon and into dusk which I think is flirting with danger. Oh your barbeque meal looks so good. We are doing take out but no good barbeque places as such here. We did Polish last time with cabbage rolls and schnitzel sandwiches and that was well worth the money. Thanks for sharing.

LA Paylor said...

ahhh yes, caramalyzed bbq sauce is the best. The mac and cheese looked wrong but the rest is yea!

dq said...

Happy Thursday to you as well.

I had forgotten it was nearly Quiltville Mystery time. I have only done one of them. Hmmm? Will I do another. Thanks for the reminder either way.