Thursday, March 21, 2024

I Like Thursday ~ Jasmine Crochet Stitch

 

Today my purple flowers are made of yarn.

I am late adding my post for

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color

because I have spent all day making these

 five rows of crochet stitches.

This is the Jasmine stitch.

This is the most labor intensive

 and yarn consuming crochet stitch

crossing my hook in recent memories.

I like learning new things,

making new friends in the crochet along,

playing with the pretty yarns.


The first cluster row stitch was the most difficult,

in part because it had to be adapted to this row stitch along.

This stitch is normally starts with clusters instead of a chain.

I think I may have made a scarf with it many years ago,

but do not recall it being this tricky.

Maybe my fingers were just younger and more able.

 It was the young and able fingers of this 

Spring Crochet Along

 designer who did the adaptions.

Her excellent instruction video

may be found at 

Any Day Crochet on TikTok


There the trick to holding the loop of the working thread

as it feeds through the cluster can be learned.

For two rows, there were 19 loops on the hook for each cluster stitch.

I tried this stitch last night and could not get it started.

This morning I started with my morning coffee

and kept at it all day,

with occasional necessary rests for my hands.

My finished Jasmine Stitch row is far from perfect

but I am feeling very happy and accomplished tonight.


My Wordless Wednesday photo showed some of my crocuses,

the first flowers of spring in my yard.

Yesterday it was cold and gray and they were closed up tight.

Here are some more of my crocuses.

It was sunny today but very windy and bitterly cold.

My crocuses were closed up tight.

Hopefully it will be warmer soon so they may spring open.


Happy Spring to all,

whatever your weather or season of the year.



3 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I very much enjoyed reading about crochet in this post. Thanks for sharing. Meanwhile, I'm about to start my crochet project...finally. I think I have the appropriate hook now. Loved seeing your beautiful quilt blocks in the last post. Happy Stitching!

Dorian said...

Wow, that looks complicated Pat. But you did it beautifully. I'm loving your blanket :) Have a great day.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love the colors in your afghan. That stitch is so pretty, they look like flowers!