Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Just Sewing Along

 


Time to catch up with some blogging.

I have been sewing, just not taking lots of photos or posting. 

Here are my first six blocks for the

Made & Found Quilt Along

This sew along is from the fabric designers for

 Andover Fabrics

The free block patterns are available by email 

and are released on Thursdays.

I have been sewing every Friday.


This is Block 4.

I have been using some of the fabrics in my stash,

some solids, some prints by Alison Glass. who is one of the block designers ...


... and these lovelies by Anna Maria Horner. 

I finally found a selvage in this stash of smaller cuts.

These fabrics are from Folk Song, circa 2015.

I have used these to three other quilts,

two of which are in my WIP boxes.

I love her use of color and design. 

Here is my Block 5.

Last week they also released this Bonus Block 1.

The print in this one is from the Trinket collection by Alison Glass.


 I believe I read  somewhere that there will be 36 blocks, 

or maybe 36 weeks, in this sew along.


I have no thoughts  as to what these blocks might look like together in a quilt.

There may be layout suggestions in the end

which I may or may not follow.


I am just sewing along each week,

playing with the fabric,

using up some of my stash

and that is all good by me. 


Do you ever make blocks just for fun? 



2 comments:

Chantal said...

Very cheerful and summery blocks, Pat. No, I never sew blocks for fun. There's not enough time to make all the quilts I want to do, so I certainly don't have time for making blocks for fun lol. Unless you count the 9-patch block and all the others I make as leader-enders. None are as complex or as pretty as yours. Enjoy the SAL. ;^)

Dorian said...

Your blocks are looking good Pat. So colorful and fun!