Thursday, March 14, 2024

I Like Thursday ~ Spring in in the Air

 


Spring in in the air!

Today when I was sitting and working on my

Spring Crochet Along with Any Day Crochet

I had the windows open on the south side of the house.


My Wordless Wednesday photo this week
 was of this lovely spring looking zipper pouch 
sent to me as a gift 
from my online Quilty Bestie,

Dorian @ Ridge Top Quilts

You can see the sewing in progress on this zipper bag in the link above.  I love how Dorian takes her smallest scraps and adds beautiful hand stitched touches to make such beautiful and useful things. I am sew blessed to be the recipient of this lovely. I have tucked my crochet needs like small scissors, yarn needles and markers and extra hooks into this pretty pouch and tucked it in the top on my yarn bag.

Thank you, my dear friend, Dorian!



I am up to date on Day 11 of the Spring Blanket Crochet Along

with the cute blueberry bobbles on top of the orange basket stitch rows.

See the adorable purple and blue iced cupcakes row?

Tulips and Bunny Ears and Dragonflies, oh my!

I think the Carrots row is my favorite. 

Maybe. They are all so cute!

As you can see, it is bright and sunny 

but there are no flowers outside my door yet.


I am also up to date on my Temperature Quilt Tree Blocks.

As you can see, this week the trees are all pink,

which means the day temperatures 

have been in the 40s and 50s, Fahrenheit.

The night has dipped into the 20's though and it has been windy.

As you can also see, Nutmeg has approved these blocks.

Time to sew them into the row!

~~~

Although it getting warmer is much too early in my corner of the world 

for spring flowers as each night it goes below freezing.

The I Like Thursday question of the week is what are my favorite

spring flowers.

Though they are not blooming yet, I have two.

In my yard, I love the brave little crocuses 

which will be my first garden blooms.

I also love to fill my window boxes and hanging planters

with spring pansies.

There are not available to purchase yet at the garden centers yet.

Soon.


For more Thursday fun, visit all my friends at


I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color

Happy Thursday! 



4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your afghan is so pretty and colorful! You seem to be on top of all your present projects, happy stitching!

Dorian said...

It's a perfect fit to your beautiful crochet blanket Pat! I'm so glad you are enjoying it :) I loved making it for you. Have a lovely day.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

That was the sweetest bag to get from you quilty friend! And I'm loving your crochet on that lovely blanket, Pat. Happy Stitching!!

Angie said...

Pat - that crochet is fabulous - I am not used to seeing so many different types of stitches in one project, and I really like it! And the colors are the icing on the cake! Joining you from I Like Thursday!