Thursday, April 1, 2010

March Mystery Revealed


Here is my progress on the March Mystery pattern from Jessica J.E. Smith from the Quilt & Needle. Her newest mystery pattern is called "Irish Dance" and she made kits in Northcott's "Stonehenge" fabrics. This includes fabrics from one of her "cool" kits (she also has some is lovely "warm" autumnal colors) which I personalized with some additional greens and purples from the same fabric line. I was somewhat indecisive about one of the inner border fabrics and finally went with the green. I am liking the effect it has on all the other colors.


You can buy this wonderful pattern here ...




... or order a kit that includes the pattern here ...




My picture shows the quilt as designed through her Step 13. I may be further personalizing this quilt with borders of my own design. To see the rest of the quilt you will have to sign up on the forum to view all the mystery quilts in the making. The Q&N is a warm and comfy quilty home away from home on the net. I have made many wonderful friends and quilts here. Please join us!


After pinning my quilt up I have started to clean up my (very messy) quilting corner which is in my dining room. I will be tucking my sewing stuff away so that my family may enjoy Easter Brunch together.


I have a border on a Round Robin in the works which I need to finish up and send on its way to the next stop. This will be the project I leave out to work on over the weekend whenever I have a few minutes to sew. Another RR ... another challenge ...


have a happy quilty day ...


;-) Pat




No comments: