Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Stitch Sew & Show ~ Week 19

 


Stitch Sew & Show ~ Week 19


On my cutting table today is this blue stripe outdoor fabric 

to make new covers for my swing cushions.

I bought this fabric

Blue Stripe Outdoor Fabric from Fabric.com 

while is was recently on sale.

Yesterday my day was taken up by an emergency trip to vet for Katniss.

Kitty is home and healing. She is sporting a new lion cut and a few stitches ... and a neck cone to keep her from pulling on her stitches ... which were needed when she got a laceration on her skin after pulling out a matted knot of fur. Katniss is getting older and her skin is thin and sensitive. The only way to keep knots out of her fur is it get her a lion cut every few months.  As this must be done by a vet and she must be sedated, this is an expensive endeavor for us.  The neck cone is not slowing her down at all. Katniss is a leaper and and climber and a very active cat who is smart enough to get the cone off every several times a day. 

Kitty care is the order of the day for a week or two. 

Hopefully I will get some sewing done today.


I do have a finish to show this week.

This is my new book and tablet tote which I made and posted for the 


Born To Be Wild Blog Hop 

and posted yesterday.

I took this along with me to sit in the car outside the vet

which still has all its Covid-19 protocols in place. 

I love these monthly blog hops as they give me the incentive to get creative

and make something off my "To-Do" list.



The next blog hop is

Fairy Tales Blog Hop @ MooseStash Quilting

Joan has also posted the blog hop schedule for the rest of the year.

Some fun blog hops coming up.


Thanks to all who join in the fun!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

LA Paylor said...

interesting about catniss... poor girl. I was just saying some of my skin is thinner so it hurts to pull off a band aid. I have to pluck Milo's ear canals as that poodle hair grows right down to the eardrum. I wonder how bad it hurts as he fights me. If I don't do it his ear gets no air down there. I need a sedative, for him I mean. Well maybe for me, lol

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Hope your Kitty is feeling better. Love your new
tote...so cute. Have a great day!