Saturday, June 5, 2021

Scrappy Saturday ~ 30s Repros Log Cabin Blocks

 


Happy Scrappy Saturday Sewing! 

It is 90F degrees outside today and my knee is still aching,

so I am staying inside and sewing scrappy this Saturday.

This block is for a scrappy log cabin quilt.


I am using the "Paper Bag Scrap Method" for choosing my strips.

Whatever strip that comes out of the bag is the next to be placed.

This makes a truly random placement plan,

I am thinking I may add a white tone-on-tone sashing 

between the blocks in my quilt. 


This is a 5 inch block, made perfect by these easy to use foundation papers.

I have a lot of 30s reproduction fabric scraps in my stash 

and have wanted to make a log cabin quilt with them for a long time

 I also love to try new quilt products.

So when I was contacted bFelicia's World

asking me if I would like to receive some of their foundation paper templates,

I jumped at the chance.

These templates may be purchased at



I will not be receiving a commission from any sales made via these links.


Log Cabin Templates On Sale This Weekend!

I have all three sizes of the Log Cabin Template Blocks and I like them all.


As I am vision impaired, the lines make it easy for me to see and sew.

I use a small stitch length and size 90/14 to make removing the papers easier.


I use an Add a Quarter Ruler to trim as I sew.


I use a old wallpaper roller to press my seams flat as I go. 

This method works well for me.

If you are not an experienced with foundation paper sewing,

I highly recommend these excellent 

Felicia's World Tutorials for Log Cabin Templates

I will be sitting and sewing more scrappy blocks this weekend.


When it cooled in the evening, I went outside to enjoy my yard and my roses.
Briefly it cooled and we had some thunder and showers,
Now it is warning again.

This Rosa America, the "bicentennial" rose

has climbed over the top of the arbor and is covered with buds.

This is one of the oldest roses in my yard.  I planted it over 30 years ago.

It has had its good years and some not so good ones when I almost lost it.

The addition of the white arbor trellis a few years back 

has helped this grow to new heights. 


I love the deep coral of this rose.

It lightens to a shade of apricot when fully open 

and has lovely yellow filaments and stamen in the center.

This may be my favorite rose in my garden.

~

What are your sewing plans?

Are you enjoying your gardens, too?

Have a happy weekend! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will have to look for these papers. I love your block. I always have a hard time cutting strips evenly because I seem to ruin the edges of my rulers so they don't cut straight after awhile. These papers will eliminate that problem for this block. Thanks for sharing!
Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net