Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Stitch Sew & Show ~ Week 23


 Welcome to Stitch Sew & Show Week 23


I have nothing to show this week.

I have been thinking about not continuing with this linky party.

I have been thinking about putting my blog on pause.

I have been thinking about moving on from blogging. 

I have been doing a lot of thinking during restless nights.

Things always look brighter in the sunshine.

So I am posting today.


Life has been happening here.

Mr. Scrapatch has been having mobility issues. 

Last Friday, he took an ambulance trip to the hospital.

One of our sons helped him home that night.

Since then he has been going to doctors appointments, 

tests and physical therapy to try to get him back on his feet.  


As I have vision issues and mobility issues of my own, 

I have been limited in what I can do to help and have to conserve 

and plan and prioritize and delegate.

There is is lot to do, including an increased load of the day to day needs.

There has even been an emergency trip to the vet on Sunday for one of our kitties.

Our other son took kitty to her appointment for us. 

Kitty is home, but we are waiting for more test results.

We are thankful that our boys live close to us and have been so helpful.

One of our neighbors has also been helping.


Sewing and stitching has not been happening.

I may sew some blocks today ...

after I do what needs to be done.


I have said that everyday for a week.

It could happen. 


I will do my best to stop in and visit with my online quilty friends

and respond to emails.


Thank you for brightening my day by sharing your pretty projects with me. 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Pat, you, hubby and kitties have been added to the pray list. I also have mobility issues so I understand the difficulty of just keeping up with life some times.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I'm sorry you've had unplanned medical time, for both of you and your kitty, too, Pat. Life is tough sometimes. It will get better. Thanks for hosting the quilt party today. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, too.

Jenny said...

I am so sorry to read that you and hubby are experiencing medical/mobility difficulies, no wonder you are feeling so down. You must do what you think is right for you, perhaps pausing your blog for acwee while will give you some breathing space. Take care, and sending you cyber hugs from across the ocean

POLLYS POCKETS said...

So much for the golden years! So glad to know you have family near by to offer the needed assistance. We have been fortunate to be a part of your sharing, thank you for that. All the best to you and your husband, and of course kitty too!

piecefulwendy said...

Oh Pat, I'm so sorry that life is a bit overwhelming right now. As the others have said, I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers. It's okay to put family (and kitties) ahead of the blog and linky right now. Pop in when you can and let us know how you are doing, so we can encourage you along the way. Sending hugs and prayers.

Laura said...

Sew glad that you have family help. I will be sending healing thoughts your way.

Chantal said...

Sorry to hear life has sent you down a rough path. Hope things brighten up soon. Sending prayers and good energy your way. Take care. ;^)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You are having a rough patch in the Scrapatch, :). This too shall pass as my grandmother always quoted though it is a terrible feeling while experiencing it. It is a lot for us to bear to not only have our own health issues but our loved one's as well. Sending you all good thoughts for renewed strength in body and spirit! For the record, I love your very inspiring blog.

LA Paylor said...

yikes, Pat. I hope things settle down for your family really soon

ChezVies said...

so sorry to read about what's been happening. Things surely will get better soon. sometimes, blogging and stuff feel overwhelming esp. when lots of things happen in life. Take your time and write whenever you have time. I hope you can go back to sewing soon!